IS439 (Internet of Things: Technology and Applications) – AY17 Term 1
- [Team Un-spectable] Un-spectacle aims to provide parents with a control to prevent retinal damage in children caused by the emission of blue light from the digital screen, which can be further aggravated by close proximity to it. This is done through establishing and detecting the optimal viewing distance from the digital screen.
- [Team SmokeLESS] Project SmokeLESS aims to help users reduce smoking using IoT and analytics by creating a smart cigarette case which tracks the number of cigarettes intake on a daily basis and allowing users to manage their limit, along with an online scoreboard where peers can help to motivate one another to quit.
- [Team FoodForAll] Food For All helps improve the independence of visually impaired in the food court setting. With beacons and sensors applied with internet infrastructure, the visually impaired will require less assistance when dining in food courts. Food For All, make dining outside easier for everyone.
- [Team Beacon Pancakes] Beacon Pancakes leverages IoT beacon technology to help dockless-shared bicycle companies determine if their bicycles are properly parked at a public bike shed, allowing for better fleet management, and helps facilitate incentives for good parking habits among dockless-shared bike riders. The team has been featured in 联合早报.
IS439 (Internet of Things: Technology and Applications) – AY16 Term 2
- [Team Laundronauts] Laundronauts uses an IoT-centric system to reduce time wasted by hostel residents when they are doing their laundry. The Laundronauts solution uses a web application that collects data from sensors that are installed on washing machines, that suggest the availability of the washing machines. Hostel residents can thus make informed decisions on when to do their laundry, hence saving both time and effort.
- [Team SmartJi] SmartJi aims to increase efficiency of the chicken farm by monitoring and controlling environmental factors – such as temperature, humidity and light levels – to provide chickens with the optimal environment to maximize egg production. SmartJi can also help business owners perform data analysis to better manage farm conditions.
IS439 (Internet of Things: Technology and Applications) – AY16 Term 1
- [Team Eye P Man] Travel independence is seemingly easy for most of us; however, it is one of the biggest challenge to the visually-impaired. EyeKnow, an IoT-based solution, leverages geofencing and beaconing technology to aid them in boarding the right bus. It integrates GPS and open-source APIs to assist users to travel independently and alight at the right stop. EyeKnow has been featured in Channel 8 News 8 频道新闻.
- [Team Clog Watchers] Clog Watchers aims to optimise the allocation of drain maintenance personnel in Jakarta by monitoring the water levels and clogging severity of its drains.
IS439 (Internet of Things: Technology and Applications) – AY15 Term 2
- [Team United Nations] Using multiple water/moisture sensors, the project aims to track the level of water in New Delhi homes in real-time, thus ensuring the prompt and efficient dispatch of water trucks to residents who face water shortage.
- [Team Fourster] Project SupplyWatch uses weight-level sensors to monitor the food consumption levels of food, and thereby bridging the gap between VWOs and their beneficiaries’ needs. SupplyWatch has been featured in The Straits Times and TODAY.
IS439 (Internet of Things: Technology and Applications) – AY15 Term 1
- [Team SuperBowl] Project Sparkling Toilets for the Differently-abled provides hygiene status and occupancy information of handicapped toilets through multi-modal sensors and real-time tracking.
- [Team Veraque] Using IoT sensors and data analytics, project YesterYear aims to track elderly activities and behaviors within their houses over a period of time to determine whether they are showing signs of dementia.